Social Media Competitions Terms & Conditions
Energy bills paid for a year competition terms and conditions
1. By entering the promotion, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and all rules and guidelines applicable to the use of Facebook & Instagram, including the rules located at https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870 & https://www.facebook.com/terms.php.
2. Promoter: Effective Home Ltd, Unit 3 Crompton Business Park, Doncaster, DN2 4PA (the “Promoter”).
3. How to enter:
a. To enter this promotion, entrants must like and follow @effectivehomeltd on Facebook, like and share the post and tag 2 friends in the comments on the relevant post.
b. Entrants must be UK homeowners, aged 18 years or over. This promotion is not open to any employees of the Promoter or any of their affiliate companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion.
c. One entry allowed per person. Entries submitted on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
d. If applicable, copyright in all entries shall belong to the Promoter. Entries shall not be returned to entrants.
e. No purchase is necessary; however, internet access is required.
4. Promotion Period: The promotion is open to entries from 12.00 on 15th February 2021 until 12.00 on 15th April 2021.
a. The promoter is offering one lucky entrant the chance to win their energy bills to be paid for 1 year, for the value of £1650. The bills that will be paid will be for gas and electricity only. There is only one prize to be won.
b. The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable and will be paid into the winners’ bank account upon the winner releasing their relevant bank details to The Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
c. The Promoter will transfer £1650 in one lump sum to cover the Gas & Electricity bills of the winner as per the Department for Business, Energy, & Industrial Strategy Report (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/877047/Press_Notice_March_2020.pdf).
6. How the winner is selected and notified:
a. The winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period by the marketing department at Effective Home Ltd.
b. The winner will be contacted within 2 days of the draw via Facebook Direct Message and a comment will be made on the original entry using the contact details provided.
c. The winner will be asked to provide their full name and address.
d. If a winner declines the prize or fails to respond within 4 working days, they forfeit any right to the prize.
e. If a winner fails to respond within 4 working days of the initial contact, a redraw will take place from the remaining valid entries to select a new winner.
f. The winner will be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
g. The prize will be sent via a bank transfer to the bank account supplied within 2 weeks of notification and the winner will be required to acknowledge receipt.
7. The draw will take place within 7 working days of the competition closing.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to discount any inappropriate or offensive entries and to disqualify any entries if the Promoter, at its sole discretion, believes that there has been an attempt to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the promotion (including, without limitation, by setting up multiple Facebook accounts in order to submit multiple entries).
9. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this promotion without prior notice.
10. Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of the Promoter’s decisions.
11. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind and has no responsibility for lost, delayed or misdirected entries. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any infringement of any third-party intellectual property rights caused by entrants entering this promotion.
12. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or any other social media channel. By entering, entrants acknowledge that Facebook and Instagram do not bear any responsibility for this promotion and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, entrants release Facebook and Instagram from any liability whatsoever in connection with this promotion.
13. All information entrants provide when they enter the promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Instagram or any other social media channel.
14. The Promoter shall use entrants’ personal data for the purposes of carrying out the promotion, and in the case of the winner’s data.
15. Subject to the winner’s rights under applicable data protection legislation, the Promoter shall be entitled to use and feature the name of the competition winner for publicity purposes and winners agree that they will participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies.
16. The Promoter will make the winner’s surname and county of residence available on request to anyone who sends a stamped self-addressed envelope to the Promoter within 10 weeks of the end of the Promotion Period, as required by the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing (the “Code”).
17. The Promoter may also be asked to provide the same details to the Advertising Standards Authority (“ASA”) who publish and enforce the Code. This use of the winner’s data is necessary for the Promoter’s legitimate interests in complying with the Code. Winners who do not wish the Promoter to disclose these details to members of the public who request them should let the Promoter know as soon as possible by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. The winner may also object to the disclosure to the ASA by emailing the same address, giving reasons. The Promoter will take these reasons into account if the ASA asks for the winners’ details. Please note, however, that the Promoter may nevertheless still be required to disclose this information to the ASA. This may happen where, for example, the Promoter is required to demonstrate that a valid award took place.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties agree that any dispute or action arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
20. The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.